Saturday 18 February 2012

Cupcakes

Today was a Family get together for E's family, for E's Dad's Birthday. Was a great evening with drinks, pizza and good conversation!

Since I had recently attended a cupcake making course, instead of the usual birthday cake we decided I would make cupcakes! Now I am not a novice baker when it comes to a packet mix, but this was the first time I had made them from scratch! And making them for an occasion, I probably got myself worked up more than I should have! There was flour and sugar strewn from 1 end of the kitchen to the other but we got there in the end.

Turns out I did a pretty good job, and from all accounts they were well received. Definitely not many leftover.

I made 2 different recipes. Vanilla choc chip with buttercream icing and carrot cake with walnut and sultana cupcakes with cream cheese icing. They were delicious.

Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment